What does Liebster mean? Or should I be asking, who is Liebster, when is Liebster, where is Liebster? Do I want to be Liebstered? Sounds like a game of Jeopardy. Either way, I’m certain it’s a great award and I’m very thankful to be nominated. In fact, I’m over the moon! A big shout out goes to theeclecticeccentricshopaholic for nominating The Vibe 101.
HOW IT WORKS:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!” (You can google the image, there are plenty of them!)
- PS: Make sure the blogs you chose have 200 or LESS followers
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I had hopes of becoming an accountant but my debits and credits never balanced
- Someone told me that the word ‘gullible’ was taken out of the dictionary – I believed them!
- My favourite drink is a vodka lemon and lime.
- I like to bust a few dance moves after a few vodka lemon and limes (it really doesn’t take much).
- I’ve travelled to 19 countries outside of Australia – Egypt, Malaysia, Japan, Croatia, Thailand, US (Hawaii), Fiji, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, New Zealand, UK, Netherlands, Italy, Philippines, Singapore, China, Belgium – I’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg of what this world has to offer. There are several more destinations to tick off my bucket list.
- I’ve got former teenage tennis sensation and world number one, Martina Hingis’ autograph. If only I knew where I put it.
- When I was younger, I use to have imaginary friends called Brenda and Alan (we’re not in contact anymore)!
- There’s only one woman I’d turn for ….. Angelina Jolie. Enough said!
- If I could have a dinner party with anyone dead or alive, I would dine with….Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, and Mahatma Gandhi – icons of peace.
- If I knew I couldn’t fail, I’d be a fashion designer, an interior decorator, a journalist and an artist.
- I used to collect all my school lunches and keep them under my bed until they got mouldy. I didn’t always like the sandwiches mum prepared (sorry mum!) but I felt too guilty to throw them in the bin….go figure!
1) What’s the best part about being you?
My lips! They’re pouty, not quite Jagger lips, but still very kissable!
2) What’s the worst part about being you?
I’m painfully shy and socially inept until I have a few vodka lemon and limes.
3) What do you wanna be when you grow up?
My ultimate dream has always been to become a fashion designer.
4) If you’re about to have your last meal, what would it be?
I’d ditch the diet and have an all you can eat smorgasbord of junk food twice over….Krispy Kremes is the first thing that comes to mind!
5) Most influential person in your life?
Beside my wonderful mum, I always wanted to be like my Aunty B. Aunty B was confident, feisty and had a great sense of style
6) Favourite book.
I can’t decide, The Kite Runner ,The Bronze Horseman, The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo….Ok I admit…The Twilight Series
7) So I invented a time machine. ^^ What time and place would you like to visit?
1950s Paris – a period of timeless chic, elegance, class and pure charm.
8) Your idea of paradise is…
a tropical oasis, reading a good book with a cocktail and a smorgasbord of junk food…including copious amounts of Krispy Kremes.
9) Favourite thing in your closet.
My cocktail dresses and my ruby red lipstick.
10) If you can have one superpower what would it be?
I’d love to be both invisible and have the ability to fly – I like the sense of freedom this power brings.
11) Can’t leave the house without your…
house keys and underwear
I’ve nominated the following blogs for the Liebester Award. I have a soft spot for blogs with a travel theme and/or blogs with captivating photography. Their posts are fascinating to read and the images featured are amazing! I hope the nomination spreads a few positive vibes.
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- If you had one day left to live, what would you do?
- If you could have dinner with anybody, who would you dine with?
- If you were given the task to achieve world peace, how would you achieve this objective?
- If there is a God, what would be the first thing you would say to him/her?
- What would you change about yourself and why?
- If you could be anyone but yourself, who would it be and why?
- If an alien knocked on your front door, what would you do?
- If you won $1 million in lotto, how would you spend it?
- What’s your biggest regret?
- If you were given three wishes, what would you wish for?
- If your favourite movie star asked you out on a date, where would you take them?
Wikipedia (Angelina Jolie, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr, Mother Theresa, Martina Hingis)
Wikimedia (The Kite Runner, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo)
paullinasimons.com (The Bronze Horseman)